Interested in working at London?
We are hiring!
If interested, please send a copy of your resume or work history plus references and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to be a part of making magic happen at London Underground?
We're looking for a person with consistent late night weekend availability (8/9p-3a) to join our team. We schedule the same team members for the same shifts every week; we are looking for a person who values sticking to a schedule and can commit to 1-2 shifts per week. Additional willingness to pick up shifts as needed is a bonus! Previous work experience as a bartender is not required but is beneficial.
London Underground is an inclusive, welcoming environment with good drinks, friendly bartenders, and great conversation. Built upon the concept of a “public house,” we believe everyone deserves a space at the bar and are passionate about engaging with members of our diverse community.
• Provide high quality hospitality at every stage of the guest experience
• Interact with customers, assess needs, make recommendations, take orders, and serve drinks in a timely manner
• Restock and replenish inventory and supplies (which includes carrying as much as 40lbs up a flight of stairs)
• Thoroughly complete opening and closing duties
• Maintain a clean and tidy service area
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Comply with all State of Iowa Alcohol service laws; including checking ID’s (21+)
• Ability to stand for long periods of time (6-8 hours)
• Ability to work evenings and weekends and commit to a consistent schedule (service hours range between 2 PM and 2 AM)
Note: Please do not let the following list of skills prevent you from applying if you are interested in joining the crew! Most of these skills can be trained with proper dedication and willingness to learn.
Skills We Look For or Train
• Willingness to foster a purposefully open, diverse, and inclusive space
• Ability to work independently (some shifts are solo-bartender) and as a team player
• Excellent knowledge of (or a willingness to learn) mixing, garnishing and serving drinks and cocktails
• Positive attitude and a willingness to serve with a hospitality mindset
• Enthusiasm for open and clear communication
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task responsibilities as they arise, including in stressful situations
• Detail oriented
What We Offer
• Hourly Wage Starting at $9.00 Plus Tips
• On-the-job training to start and consistent training throughout
• Access to funding for professional development opportunities
• Quarterly team social gatherings
• An environment where team feedback is solicited, encouraged, and implemented
• Employee discount
If you are interested, please send a copy of your resume or work history plus references and availability to email@example.com.