Interested in working at London?
We are not currently hiring.
However, we do collect and retain resumes which we reference first when we do hire. If interested, please send a copy of your resume or work history plus references and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we're not currently hiring, here's what we would want you to know about working at London!
Do you want to be a part of making magic happen at London Underground? Previous work experience as a bartender is not required but is beneficial.
London Underground is an inclusive, welcoming environment with good drinks, friendly bartenders, and great conversation. Built upon the concept of a “public house,” we believe everyone deserves a space at the bar and are passionate about engaging with members of our diverse community.
• Provide high quality hospitality at every stage of the guest experience
• Interact with customers, assess needs, make recommendations, take orders, and serve drinks in a timely manner
• Restock and replenish inventory and supplies (which includes carrying as much as 40lbs up a flight of stairs)
• Thoroughly complete opening and closing duties
• Maintain a clean and tidy service area
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Comply with all State of Iowa Alcohol service laws; including checking ID’s (21+)
• Ability to stand for long periods of time (6-8 hours)
• Ability to work evenings and weekends and commit to a consistent schedule (service hours range between 2 PM and 2 AM)
Skills We Look For or Train:
• Willingness to foster a radically open, diverse, and inclusive space
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent knowledge of or a willingness to learn mixing, garnishing and serving drinks and cocktails
• Positive attitude and a willingness to serve with a hospitality mindset
• Enthusiasm for open and clear communication
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task responsibilities as they arise, including in stressful situations
• Detail oriented
What We Offer:
• Hourly Wage Starting at $9.00 Plus Tips
• On-the-job training to start and consistent training throughout
• Access to funding for professional development opportunities
• Quarterly team social gatherings
• An environment where team feedback is solicited, encouraged, and implemented
• Employee discount
If you are interested, please send a copy of your resume or work history plus references and availability to email@example.com.